Good morning everyone, hoping you are all keeping well and taking the necessary precautions to protect you and your loved ones against the COVID-19 that is doing a number around the globe. Keep faith and trust in the Lord (Psalms 4:5)
Today we are going to talk about hope. A small four letter word but lemmi tell you the impact it has or rather the difference it can make in ones life is simply phenomenal. If I could start from the basics in defining what exactly hope is; it is simply a feeling of trust.
As human beings we go through life with an optimistic mind that there are certain things that we hope will happen. An example of myself speaking from a personal point of view are:
- When I was still in school doing my degree I hoped for completing it at a certain point which came to pass, alleluia to that.
- I hoped for getting employed in a good position that had the privilege of paying me loads of money after school well my perspective on that changed. Right now I’m trying the entrepreneurial way which is one ride my old self would never dare to enter.
- I hoped for settling down with my ex-boyfriend and building a life together. Guys I had even started imagining how the wedding would be.
- I still hope my mum would miraculously walk past the front door despite the fact that she was laid to rest four years ago.
- I hope for a world where hunger would be something of the past and every human being would have the opportunity of having meals on their table.
- I hope for peace on earth where we treat each other with kind and genuine concern.
I could on and on with my list but what I’m simply trying to say is hope is like a candle burning up inside of every single one of us and despite the circumstances that we go through in life let us not let the candle blow off. I mean from time to time it gets dim due to various outcomes but never let it to be blown off completely. Here are some Bible verses that I pray will uplift you when you need to bounce back:
- Isaiah 40:31- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.
- Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
- Philipians 1:6– Be confident in this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- Romans 5:5– And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
- Romans 15:13- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Stay Hopeful, with Love Luxur.